List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strlcpy
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-11 13:50:12

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > > it's not.
> > > i posted a patch to kde-core-devel yesterday, but nobody with write
> > > permissions to admin/ seems to care ...
> >
> > Which include file is strlcpy in? It's not in string.h or string and recent
> > KDE_3_1_BRANCH compiles are failing for me because the compiler (gcc3.2 on
> > Linux) doesn't know about strlcpy
> >
>   I grepped my /usr/include (full glibc-2.3.1 and many more) and there is no
> strlcpy() at all. I suppose that the original author is not using Linux; we
> already know that strlcpy() is in BSD.

No, no, no. Wrong supposition. Those functions aren't supposed to be in
your system header files (if using Linux). They're supposed to be coming
from kdefakes. And that's in kdelibs/kdecore/fakes.c. If anything in
_BRANCH is using strl{cat,cpy}, then fakes.c rev. 1.11 from HEAD needs to
be backported into _BRANCH. Pronto.