List:       kde-devel
Subject:    A few quick questions about helping out, patches, bug-reporting etc.
From:       Jesper Juhl <jju () dif ! dk>
Date:       2002-12-08 2:59:06

Hi list,

I want to try to help out with KDE development, just a little bit, and I have
a few questions I hope someone will be kind enough to answer.

I'm currently building KDE 3.1-rc5 and I've noticed quite a lot of compiler
warnings. Since I'm not very familliar with the KDE source I thought going
through the sources and fixing up the reasons for those warnings would be a
good way to get to know the source and at the same time contribute some small
(and hopefully) usefull fixes.

But, I'm not quite sure about what would be the prefered way to report the
stuff I find and post the patches I create.  Should I enter a bug-report at
bugs.kde.org for every single case and attach my patch to this bug-report?
I've done this with one issue so far (Bug #Bug 51629 , just so you can see
that I'm serious about this and not just talking), but I'm thinking that a
better way might be to mail these reports/patches to this kde-devel list. If
I mail the reports/patches to the list, should I send one mail for each
sepperate issue, or just one mail with all patches attached and a description
of them all in the one email?
I could also put the patches up on a webserver, and just mail the list with a
short message about the patch, refereing to the web-page for the details and
the patch itself.

What would be the prefered way for me to go about this?

Is something like this even something that would be appreciated or should I
just forget about it?

Thank you all in advance for your time spend reading (and hopefully replying)
to this email :-)

/Jesper Juhl