List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Dramas with KEditToolbar and KParts
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-12-06 9:15:28

On 2002. December 06., Friday 06:18, Ben Burton wrote:
> Hi.  I don't suppose anyone could let me know what I'm doing wrong?
>
> I have a KParts::MainWindow that initially creates a GUI with createGUI(0).
> It has many KStdActions that are not listed in the application's GUI .rc
> file but are instead just brought in from ui_standards.rc.

Hi Ben,

 In Quanta I experienced exactly the same weird behaviour. Taking a look at
the code, it turned out that there is nothing special to do there, but you
must modify your applications .rc file, by adding _all_ the needed actions
there, including the standard and katepart actions. I think the noMerge="1"
is also important, like:
  <MenuBar noMerge="1">
    <Menu name="file" noMerge="1"><text>&amp;File</text>

At least this is what I remember (I've done it some months ago).

BTW, you can see the same strange behaviour with doubled part menu entries in
Gideon, an app that heavily uses KParts... Just modify the "Main Toolbar
<KaterPartView>" toolbar.

Andras