List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for KGhostView (solution?)
From:       Jos van den Oever <jos () vandenoever ! info>
Date:       2002-12-06 8:18:51

> Your patch works, but it does not solve the wheel mouse problem. Now the
> opposite of expected behaviour happens: If you scroll down with the mouse
> wheel the bottom of the next page will be shown, and if you scroll up the
> top of the previous page.
I know, the patch wasn't meant to solve that problem. I didn't even know about
it. Brad Hards told me about it.

> I think the simplest solution would be to introduce the new signals
> prevPageBottom() and nextPageTop() and there slot counterparts.
>
> Therefore I attach your patch (kghostview-pgup-pgdown-no-scroll.patch) and
> my patch which uses the new signals/slots
> (kghostview-mouse-wheel-scrolling-43993.patch).

Looks good to me. I can't apply patches, so we'll have to ask someone who can
to do it. I'm not sure everybody will be happy with adding new slots at this
stage of 3.1, so maybe it has to wait for 3.2. The patch I sent can still be
applied for 3.1 I guess.

Best regards, Jos