List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Abstracting the Linux Desktop from the File-system
From:       Manuel Amador <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2002-12-04 20:55:15

Hi there,

This is the first argument in the entire discussion that has made a good
deal of sense, from an usability standpoint.  You have my sincere
recognition =).  Although I never pull out files to work on them on the
desktop, I understand people who do.  But dragging a file to work on it
to the homedir would be equal to dragging it to the desktop, so it
really doesn't matter much, as long as you have a Documents (or several)
folder and keep things tidy.

I don't understand why the KDE people want to force everyone to suit
them instead of suiting everyone else.  Why would I ever want
applications saving to the desktop?  It would become a mess, killing the
whole purpose of what they're advocating for.

Everyone else is running around in circles saying "if we change the
desktop then the desktop won't be the desktop".

luck,

     Manuel