List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: a crazy proposal
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-02 23:47:36

You know, I looked briefly at the architecture of gnucash today, and the
engine is great, but doesn't do much than what i did for kuikmoney.
Maybe I should just spend sometime on kuikmoney to do something nice, getting
a lot of ideas from gnucash. What I have is not much, but I put a screenshot
of it this morning (http://kuikmoney.sourceforge.net).
Using the gnucash engine seems a good idea for some points you brought (OFX,
...) but the maintenance of it for a KDE project looks like a nightmare...
But if glib as a dependency is acceptable, then it only consist of
encapsulating the engine in C++ classes, which is not an issue...

Fred.