List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Problem Initializing device during login
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-30 9:07:06

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 05:48:26AM -0000, siddharth sharma rajput wrote:
> So i actually want to know the overall architecture of kde.

there is no overall kde architecture involved. kdm is a stand-alone
program. at the moment the kde session is started, kdm has already done
it's work.

> Why initializing of device in the code of KDM is causing the problem??

you blew it. ;)

> ( In kgreeter.cpp)

this is simply the wrong place, although it's currently the only
possible one.
the auth code belongs into backend/client.c and anything not sticking to
it is simply broken. as you currently cannot do this, the architecture
is broken.
can you postpone your work by a few weeks? fixing this up is currently
my top-priority wrt. kdm.

greetings

ps: please use a mailer that generates in-reply-to/references headers.