List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Abstracting the Linux Desktop from the File-system
From:       Manuel Amador <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2002-11-29 17:06:25

WHAT?  Who closed them?  Were you given a reason?

I mean, Mail instead of .mail may be arguable (UNIX-long tradition of
storing mail folders in mail, so KMail should respect it, and write
indexes somewhere else - not like Mozilla which pollutes mail/ with
.index files).

You see, KMail doesn't use Mail as a regular data dir like Evolution
(contacts, indexes, stuff), but stores mail folders there.  It makes
sense for KMail to be able use mail/

Not only that - it should be default.

But what about the preference to use $HOME as desktop?  This is a valid
one!