List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE patches from PLD.
From:       Piotr Szymanski <djurban () linuxpl ! org>
Date:       2002-11-28 22:18:49

Dirk Mueller (Thursday 28 of November 2002 22:13):
> On Don, 28 Nov 2002, Piotr Szymanski wrote:
> > + from Rawhide
> > kdeutils-kedit-confirmoverwrite.patch
> Whats the sense of bugging the user with a popup till he says "yes" ?
Well one has a chance to choose a different file if he/she made a mistake and
chose the wrong file then it asks him/her to choose a different file. If
he/she doesnt want to save it he/she clicks Cancel. What if you just clicked
exit, and if you dont overwrite the file than your work is gone?

> -  m_help->setAccel(QKeySequence(),m_help->idAt(0));
Thanks to it when you press F1, khelpcenter starts with konsole chapter.
Havent noticed any sideffects, though I might be wrong.

>  QString Konsole::newSession(KSimpleConfig *co, QString program, const
> QStrList &args, const QString &_term,const QStr
> ing &_icon,const QString &_title, const QString &_cwd)
>  {
> -  QString emu = "xterm";
> +  QString emu = "xterm-color";
This one is not important is it?

> > + from MDK
> > kdeutils-fix-kdf-mem-leak.patch
> Which memleak is this supposed to fix ? the dialog kept in background
> available once created, so it won't get deleted until kdf is closed.
> But the way your patch does it will crash the application because of a
> double deletion.
Laurent, any ideas?

PS. Please dont get angry Dirk about me sending all theese patches together, I
just thought they might be worth anything :)
--
Piotr Szymanski