List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Getting involved
From:       Anders Johansson <andjoh () rydsbo ! net>
Date:       2002-11-21 0:27:50

Hi,

In my ongoing quest to penetrate the KDE source code I've added a feature to
kmail. I am now able to send a mail using different "envelope sender" address
and "mail sender" address. This is useful for instance when you're subscribed
to mailing lists with your "real" address, but don't want that address to be
shown in on-line archives or submitted to the other subscribers. Basically an
anti-spam measure. Is this of interest?

I'm also looking for other little bits to do. I find the best way to "get
into" a large piece of code is to have small tasks that will give you a
reason to go through the code and discover how things work.

I read the "How to help" page. It said "If it was a 2 day job it wouldn't be
listed here". Well, it's those 2 day jobs (or shorter) that I think is the
best way to get into the massive source that kde is. Is there a list of those
short, not-quite-important-enough-to-do-now tasklets somewhere?

Yes, I can think of things to do myself, but I figure if I'm going to do this
I might as well work on things important to others as well as myself

Anders