List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdelibs unable to install into an empty directory
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () tangens ! sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-11-19 12:50:51

Hi!
  After a long, long time, I've purged my /opt/kde3 and wanted to install
RC4 from scratch. However, it didn't work because of this small bug:

... make install output snippet:
rm -f /opt/kde3/share/icons/default.kde
ln -s crystalsvg /opt/kde3/share/icons/default.kde
ln: creating symbolic link `/opt/kde3/share/icons/default.kde' to `crystalsvg': No such file or directory

  The problem is that the link is to be created in the place where
/opt/kde3/share/icons directory doesn't exist yet. After creating
it manually, kdelibs installed flawlessly.
                                             With regards, Pavel Troller