List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tab-Close button like in mozilla
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2002-11-06 1:20:19

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 21:44, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:36, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 November 2002 20:13, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > > The idea is that we will have to create a completely new tabbar
> > > widget.
> >
> > I know - and I already have some ideas/wishes (DnD, vertical mode,
> > text changing color, buttons besides tabs) and I'm eager to use it in
> > Konsole.
>
> Hey cool, maybe we could work together on that as I haven't heard
> anything from Doug in a long time. One thing I'll add to your list
> above is the ability to change widgets within tabs on the fly - which
> would get rid of the nasty timeout in Konqueror between the link click
> and tab being actually shown (we use it to check the mimetype).

You might be interested in having a look at KitClasses (a set of various KDE
widgets)

http://kinterdev.sourceforge.net/kitclasses/index.html

Came across it the other day and noticed it includes its own KitTabBar and
KitTabWidget (derived from QWidget, not the QTab* stuff). Haven't looked at
the code, but the feature list includes a vertical mode as Stephan mentioned
above. Perhaps the author (Bruce Hunt) might be interested in helping out as
well. Just thought I'd mention it :-)

Cheers,
Sean
--