List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tab-Close button like in mozilla
From:       Douglas Hanley <douglash () caltech ! edu>
Date:       2002-11-05 22:01:35

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 11:13 am, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 10:34, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 November 2002 15:56, Willi Richert wrote:
> > > is it planned to add such a nice x-Button at the right side of the
> > > tab button line like in mozilla, which closes the current tab
> > > window?
> >
> > Don't think so, but rather a close button on every tab.
>
> Both approaches are impossible with QTabWidget.
>
> > > If not I would code that. Feedback?
> >
> > Doug Hanley and Zack Rusin IIRC wanted to work on this too. Work
> > together.
>
> I'll be working on it after we release 3.1, I simply have too many
> things to do to even play with it before that. The idea is that we will
> have to create a completely new tabbar widget. QTab, QTabBar and
> QTabWidget are useless for us.
>
> Zack

Oh, I almost forgot! I started doing a tab rewrite a little while back.  I've
gotten it to work fairly well, I now have something that works almost as well
as the old tab widget, I still need to fix up the scrolling, and its a little
bit ugly.  But I guess I'll post a patch up on my webserver.  I don't have
very much time now that college has started, but its getting there.

Here's the adress:

http://131.215.82.160/

Theres a screenshot too.

-- Doug