List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: hardcoded /usr/lib/qt3 in Makefiles?
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-10-24 21:24:25

Willi Richert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> although I set my QTDIR to /home/kde-devel/qt-unstable,
> and specify the --with-qt-dir to that directory I always get:

<SNIP>
> qiomanager_p.moc:17:2: #error "This file was generated using the moc from 3.0.5. It"
> qiomanager_p.moc:18:2: #error "cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt."
> qiomanager_p.moc:19:2: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"
>
> I am not very familiar with the Makefile system. Is this an error in it,
> or my fault?
>
> Do I really have to redirect my /usr/lib/qt3 link?

NO, you have to remove all of the existing: "*.moc" files in the source
tree.

But, this was not sufficient to build with the new version of Qt.

So, it is easier to just "make distclean" on each module and start over.

Note: I recommend that you name the Qt directory: "... /qt-3.1.0" so
that you do not have to relink when you install an upgrade.

Is there some reason that you have Qt in that location? rather than:

	/usr/local/qt-3.1.0

???

--
JRT