List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KLogTool
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-10-23 15:23:26

Hi,

A few weeks ago I started to work on a CUPS log file tool/analyzer.
This eventually evolved into a modular and versatile generic log file
tool with a plugin mechanism (where CUPS is just a plugin now). You
can view some screenshots at

http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/klogtool.html

It's available in kdenonbeta. I won't describe all features here, but
the main one is its modularity: support for new log files can be easily
added (it currently supports CUPS, Samba and Syslog). The main question
(beside would you enjoy it) is which log file would it be mandatory to
support? (I'm not really a sysadmin).

Cheers.
Michael.