List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio-man on Solaris SPARC
From:       Jonathan Marten - Volume Systems Products UK <jonathan.marten () uk ! sun ! com>
Date:       2002-10-23 14:38:13

Markus Keidl <keidl@web.de> writes:
> I attached a second patch (kio-man-man2html.patch) which fixes a problem in
> man2html. man2html creates wrong links for sections with more than 2 characters
> (it truncates the section after one char), so they didn't work here. In
> man:/usr/man/sman3xc/filter.3xc, e.g., there is a link to the newterm man page
> which is in section 3XC. The HTML text is "newterm(3XC), but the link goes to
> man:/newterm(3), i.e. section 3, and does not work.

Markus,

You may want to look at bug 45309, in which I submitted a fairly
extensive patch to kio_man.cpp and man2html.cpp to handle long section
names and the associated manpage directories - this patch is still
being evaluated (I hope!).  It doesn't address the problem of SGML man
pages, but there is a simple workaround for that, at least on Solaris:
"catman -c".

Regards
  Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten, SCM Team Engineer          VSP Bracknell, UK
jonathan.marten@uk.sun.com                  Sun Microsystems

"Progress is not expedited by frequent requests for progress reports"