List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqui feature request ....
From:       Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-10-22 20:14:49

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 15:58, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 October 2002 15:50, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:33, Amir Tal wrote:
> > > it will be even nicer to be able to switch between tabs using the
> > > keyboard (shift + arrows maybe), like in konsole...
> >
> > It's already there...
> >
> > try CTRL + [ and CTRL + ]  respectively

Ah, well, I wonder why Ctrl+AltGr+8 / 9 didn't come to my mind itself...

> Thanks for telling this.
>
> IMHO the fact that this way to switch them is mentioned _neither_ in the
> Go (or View, resp.) menu _nor_ is there a menu option for this at all
> is a bug.

Yes. Alt+left/right in text mode, Shift+left/right in konsole, Ctrl+AltGr+8/9
in konqy... not really consistent.
What was the reason against using Shift+Left/Right in konqy too ?

Btw. why does pressing Ctrl+"Any key which has no shortcut assigned" currently
always open the "Execute shell command" plugin dialog ?
Even Ctrl+AltGr does this, I had actually to press AltGr+Ctrl+8/9 to switch
between the tabs.

/me updates Qt and kdelibs

And a

-"Open in background tab"