List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug report - Konqueror
From:       Doug Hanley <hanleyman () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2002-10-18 20:53:47

On Friday 18 October 2002 01:40 pm, Grzegorz Borowiak wrote:
> I don't know if this bug has been already submitted.
>
> Look at the page http://southparkstudios.com/down/images.html
>
> There is a list of images for download. On the left side there are names,
> on the right one there are down-arrows. When You click on a name, an image
> opens in other window, no matter which button You click - left or middle.
> This is of course correct behaviour. But when You click on an arrow, other
> things happen. If You click left, a dialog box pops up and asks, whether
> to open or save image. But if You click right, Konqueror crashes.
>
> Names and arrows lead to different locations. Names are for example:
>
> http://southparkstudios.com/down/download.html?file=/media/images/102/beefc
>ake_stage.gif
>
> and subsequent arrows are like:
>
> http://southparkstudios.com/down/download.html?file=/media/images/102/beefc
>ake_stage.gif&dl=1
>
> All they differ with "&dl=1" at the end and with the fact a name is coded
> to open in new window and arrow is not.
>
> I have prepared a strace logs. I don't include them, because they are
> about 130k. Here they are:
>
> http://gnu.univ.gda.pl/~grzes/konq-bug-sp.tar.bz2
>
> I use kde-3.1-beta2 (kdebase-3.0.8) and qt-3.0.5 (directly from
> Trolltech), both compiled by gcc-2.95.3. Kernel is 2.4.18 and distro is
> Mandrake-8.2.

Hi!

I'm pretty sure that this has been fixed in the CVS.  At least I am not
experiencing this bug.  Also, I remember we fixed a bug in the switchView
function that was related to crashing a little while back, so that might have
taken care of it.  If you are brave enough to try and compile the CVS I
encourage you to try it out, otherwise I'm pretty sure the bug has already
been fixed and the bug will not appear in the next release.  Thank you for
sending the bug report though, please feel free to send them in the future if
you have any problems.

-- Doug Hanley
douglash@caltech.edu