List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libpng version confusion
From:       Ben Burton <benb () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-10-17 22:04:24

> I made "ldd <app>" on both machines. On the one (wich i compiled the app
> with) i got for libpng
> "libpng.so.3" and on the other machine i got "libpng.so.2" (??!!). May
> someone explain to me why
> this happens?

It depends which libpng-dev package you have installed.  There are packages
libpng2-dev and libpng3-dev which will make your app link against libpng2 and
libpng3 respectively.  You cannot have both -dev packages installed at the
same time because they provide some of the same files (such as the
/usr/lib/libpng.so symlink and /usr/include/png.h).

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for
the people.
	- Oscar Wilde