List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: applnk notes
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-08-31 21:12:03

As far as I know, menu entries are compactible with GNOME. How does your plan
affect the compactibility?

In future, we could also have application names that need to be translated,
for example: "KOffice Word Processor" (as it was suggested last week.) Even
now for some languages we have already transcripted names for the application
names. Your system would sort the English names, not the locale names.

You seem also not to like the "first dir, then files" rule. I would prefer if
you would not remove it (or at least if you would make it an option.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!