List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Print manager usability improvement (commitable?)
From:       Martin Koller <koller () etm-ag ! com>
Date:       2002-08-29 15:16:01

On Thursday 29 August 2002 17:00, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> I already received a few remarks about the usability of the large toolbar
> in the print manager. Recently, a user proposed to use a menu-driver
> approach, and I gave it a try. Look at the screenshot
>
> http://printing.kde.org/screenshots/pics/manager2.png
>
> After using it a little bit, I find this menu-driven approach quite
> convenient, indeed. Now the questions:
>
> - do you find it better from a usbality point of view? (note that the
>   toolbar is still available, and both menubar and toolbar are togglable)?

Yes, absolutely.
I was always lost when I had to deal with that large amount of icons,
not knowing wich does what.
With your approach, I can read a text and have a better overview.
--
Best Regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

Ing. Martin Koller, mailto:koller@etm.at
http://www.etm.at, http://www.pvss.com
ETM Aktiengesellschaft, A-7000 Eisenstadt Kasernenstr. 29
Phone:+43 2682/741-0, Fax:+43 2682/741-107
For product requests please mailto:product_center@etm.at