List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase cvs link error
From:       Craig Drummond <Craig.Drummond () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-26 11:10:10

Hi,

On Monday 26 August 2002 08:04, Ben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was compiling todays kdebase cvs and got the following ld error.
>
> I'm using gcc-3.1 and binutils-2.12.1 with combreloc. qt-3.0.5 (from troll)
>
> Hoping someone knows what caused it.
>
> cheers,
> Ben
>
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `CFontThumbnail::CFontThumbnail[not-in-charge]()':
> .libs/FontThumbnail.o(.text+0x6007): undefined reference to
> `FTC_Manager_New' .libs/FontThumbnail.o(.text+0x6013): undefined reference
> `FTC_SBit_Cache_New'
> .libs/FontThumbnail.o(.text+0x6022): undefined reference to
> `FTC_Image_Cache_New'

This is a problem with your FreeType2 installation - it looks as if the
FreeType's cache functions are not in your library. Which verion of FreeType
are you using? Seeing as it's a link error - and not compile time - it looks
as if it's finding the header files for the FreeType cache, but linking
agains a verions of libfreetype that was not compiled with the cache. Is it
linking against XFree86's freetype? I have the feeling they do not enable the
cache. To remedy this, just download and compile the latest FreeType2.

Craig.