List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: request feature
From:       Roland Seuhs <roland () hasos ! com>
Date:       2002-08-18 22:36:13

Am Sonntag, 18. August 2002 23:45 schrieb Benjamin Michotte:
> hello,
>
> I'm not subscriber of this list so please CC me.
>
> I discovered windowsXP last week and I found _one_ interesting stuff in
> it.
>
> You are logged and your screensaver starts. When you want to use your
> session and press any key/move your mouse, you have the login manager
> which appears and you can continue your session (after entering your
> password) or log on a different user _wihtout_ closing your session.
>
> I found it very interesting because on my workstation, I leave always
> with my session opened (protected by a screensaver with password) and so
> other people on my house can not use the machine.
>
> Is there a way to have this powerfull feature with kde/kdm one day ?

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+F2
3. Enter "startx -- :1"

The second session will be started on the 8th console and you can switch
between sessions using Ctrl+Alt+F7 and F8.

Of course you can have even more sessions with startx -- :2 and so on.

Roland

--
"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate
it."  -- Franklin P. Jones