List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Thumbnail generation in konqueror is buggy
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-18 7:51:09

On Sunday 18 August 2002 02:51, Malte Starostik wrote:

> > Maybe Konqueror should have some indication of the "costs" of creating a
> > thumbnail.
>
> It should use the thumbnails provided by the camera and circumvent the
> usual thumbnailing process, including file size limits.
> I'm not sure if this is already implemented (don't think so). If you know
> anyone willing to provide me a camera with thumbnail support, I'd be happy
> to implement it ;~}

Well, the kioslave already does extract the existing thumbnail instead of
generating it if possible, but the size limits are still taken into account.
I just didn't think about the fact that the size limits don't make much sense
in this case. I'll have a look at it.

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?