List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: faster opaque drag
From:       Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-08 21:44:42

On Thursday 08 August 2002 09:05, aviv bergman wrote:
> > while it did seem to make the window you were moving seem a bit more
>
> "fluid",
>
> > the windows you moved it over seemed to paint less frequently, causing a
> > greater feeling of jerkiness. it was quite apparent as i would move a
> > konqueror window over a korgnizer window, or an aterm or konqueror.
>
> with the patch the window get more motion events and the windows below get
> more expose events - so they redraw more (i'm not sure qt compress expose

So this is probably the reason why I see no speed difference on my old box
(K6/200), it probably simply can't do faster.

Yesterday I tried with a different windows decoration (kde default, instead
system++) and I still had the problems with the resize-pointer. But this is
probably independent from your patch.

Another problem: some windows don't appear on kpager, e.g. kmail quite often.
It seems to happen more often if the box is under heavy load. Then I always
put these windows first on "All desktops" and then they appear in kpager.

Bye
Alex