List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole and ctrl-s / ctrl-q keys
From:       Luis Pedro Coelho <luis_pedro () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2002-07-21 1:30:13

Em Saturday 20 July 2002 23:34, Andy Fawcett escreveu:
> > I'm used to ctrl-s/q myself too, but many people file bug reports
> > about Konsole 'freezing' on ctrl-s ('save file'). I guess this one
> > needs a config option (if not there already) and be user-safe by
> > default.
>
> For me, this would be a major usability issue. Like many, I rely on
> ^S/^Q to control the flow on my shell sessions. It's pretty much the
> standard way to control the flow in most shells, and I would guess it
> was there before the Scroll Lock key was even thought about. If there's
> a need for this to be disabled, then I agree that we need some option
> to toggle it for those (like me) who need this functionality.

Before, konsole had a reallly nice msgbox explaining the freezing
functionality when you pressed CTRL-S (with a "don't show this again"
checkbox for when you know what you are doing). I thought that was a really
nice addition, wasn't it enough for users who weren't aware of what CTRL-S
can do?

hth
--
Luis Pedro Coelho

"Technology does not always equal progress."
Douglas Coupland