List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding an application to KDE
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-16 8:35:29

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:11:36 +0200, David Faure wrote:

>On Tuesday 16 July 2002 00:26, Aur=E9lien G=E2teau wrote:
>>  [...]
>> I think KDE Extra Gear was created to address this issue. My aim is n=
ot
>> to make Gwenview the default image viewer of KDE at any cost, I just =

>> want it to get more visibility, because I think it deserves it and
>> because I just love when people send me feedback and bug reports :-)
>
>Ok but you're missing the point about "more work for documenters
>and translators". I don't want to speak for them, but...

Well, it is totally up to the language (and doc) teams whether they
work on an individual app in extragear or not. (From our perspective,
this was one of the main points of creating extragear in the first
place.) So I don't see a problem from their side.

Developers should be aware, however, that translations may be more
likely for an extragear app than, say, for something on sourceforge.
But there are no guarantees. And they are not as likely as for
something in the core modules.

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/