List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kallery
From:       Mantia Andras <amantia () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2002-07-16 8:02:30

Hello,

 Kallery is my app. ;-) I'm glad to see that someone is trying to port it to
KDE 3. Right now I don't have time to do it, as my main task is to get out a
new Quanta release, but I will try to help anybody, who wants to do this. As
I see, Aurelien is right, and the problem is somewhere in the ImageMagick
usage. Is it the same system/sam ImageMagick version used by you now as you
had used during the KDE2 release?

Andras

PS: Maybe I will do a quick port, but don't tell to Eric. ;-)

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 10:12, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Laurent Rathle wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to port Kallery, an image gallery software, from KDE 2 to KDE
> > 3 (I've tried to join the author but without answer :-)). I can build the
> > source with KDE 3, but it crashes. Since I'm really a beginner on those
> > kind of stuff, I would like to know if someone would be willing to help
> > me debugging the source. I enabled the full debug symbols in configure
> > and I've got this output :
>
> [snip]
>
> > #9  0x400466e8 in ReadImage () from /usr/lib/libMagick.so.5
> > #10 0x08054944 in KalleryFunctions::convertImages (this=0x80e6b88,
> > options=@0x80e0d10, progress=0x82860c8) at kalleryfunctions.cpp:535
>
> [snip]
>
> From the backtrace I would say that in line 535 of
> kalleryfunctions.cpp,  there's a call to a function from libMagick
> called ReadImage which crashes (Backtrace translator in action ;-D ).
>
> Assuming this code was working when compiled for KDE2, I would advice to
> look for parameters to previous libMagick calls which would be wrong.
> Maybe some change in the KDE API led to uninitialized parameters.
>
> I might be completely wrong though, since I did not have a look to the
> source.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Aurélien

> > > unsubscribe <<

Xnet scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus.
Xnet automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.

Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor. \
Va rugam sa luati in considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand deschideti \
fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este responsabila pentru nici un prejudiciu cauzat \
                de virusi.
Disclaimer: RAV AntiVirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and variants. \
Please be aware that there is a risk involved whenever opening e-mail attachments to \
your computer and that MobiFon is not responsible for any damages caused by viruses.