List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kcmodule segfaulting problem
From:       Sheldon Lee-Wen <tormak () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-07-14 2:19:26

Hi again,

   Firstly, thanks to Aaron for all of his help. However, I still can get the
damned thing working!! I am using the new way, as you suggested Aaron,
however, when I run it in kcmshell I get the following errors:

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol: init_libkcm_klineakcontrol
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: The library libkcm_klineakcontrol
does not offer an init_libkcm_klineakcontrol function
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol: create_KlineakControl

?? What am I missing? Here is the class declaration.

class KlineakControl: public KCModule
{
   Q_OBJECT
   public:
     	KlineakControl(QWidget *parent = 0L, const char *name = 0L, const
QStringList &list=QStringList());
      	virtual ~KlineakControl();

      	void load();
      	void save();
      	void defaults();
      	int buttons();
     	QString quickHelp() const;
      	const KAboutData* aboutData() {return myAboutData; };
	/** stops kkeyled if running. */
	void stopLeds();
	/** Starts kkeyled if installed. */
	void startLeds();
	/** Stops klineakconfig */
	void stopKlineakConfig();
	/** Starts KlineakConfig */
	void startKlineakConfig();
	/** Called at system startup */
	static void init();

   public slots:
      	void configChanged();
  		/** Triggered when the users clicks the "Use my keyboard's easy access
keys when I login." check box. */
  		void slotchkLineak();
  		/** Triggered when the users clicks the "" check box. */
  		void slotchkLeds();
  		/** Triggered when the user enters text into the Contribute Email box */
  		void slotContributeEmail(const QString &);

   private:
      KAboutData *myAboutData;
    QGridLayout* KlineakControlUILayout;
    QGridLayout* GroupBox1Layout;
    QVBoxLayout* Layout3;
    QHBoxLayout* Layout2;
    QGroupBox* GroupBox1;
    QCheckBox* chkLineak;
    QCheckBox* chkLeds;
    QLabel* TextLabel1;
    QLineEdit* txtContributeEmail;
	KProcess lineakd;
 	KProcess leds;
};

Thanks a bundle.
Sheldon.

On July 13, 2002 04:26 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Saturday 13 July 2002 07:46, Sheldon Lee-Wen wrote:
> > So does this replace the entire extern "C" {} section or just a part of
> > it? (from what I see it's the entire section but I just want to be sure.)
>
> yes, the whole thing.
>
> > I guess asking for documentation on this method might be asking for
> > too much?
>
> it is documented in the KCModule header (and therefore in the generated
> docs)

- --
"... all thoughts of selfish desire, ill-will, hatred and
 violence are the result of a lack of wisdom ... "
 - Buddha

For an awsome fantasy role playing game checkout:
http://lycadican.sourceforge.net

GPG KeyID=04B7F7F8
GPG Fingerprint=4B0F 7202 FAFF D146 5F56  9E83 BE7F D7F7 04B7 F7F8