List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fundamental KDE Library Problem..
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-07-04 22:43:43

On Thursday 04 July 2002 16:30, Andreas Pour wrote:
> The misunderstanding often arises b/c the person making "suggestions"
> does not bother trying to learn anything about the community being
> addressed.  One day, they pop up on a mailing list, and proceed to say,
> "What you have been doing for years, with this highly successful
> project, is all wrong, listen to me, you little children, *I*, who have
> nothing to show for my skills, know how to do it better, and this is how
> you should do things, and if you don't listen to me, KDE will fail,
> fail, fail."  Pretty much, that is how a lot of these posts come across.

Maybe this is a cost we have to pay therefor that KDE is so popular today,
i.e. it is used by many people who are not part of the community and don't
understand the process how it is created.

They buy the newest distro, install it, something doesn't work (not at all or
not as they expect), and often all they do is to say "damn, why doesn't this
crap work, how can they be so stupid to create such bugs ? hopefully they
will have finally fixed it in the next version".
Contacting the developers directly is for many of them a completely far-away
idea. (Did you ever email MS if win crashed ?)

I think we'll have to live with this.

BYe
Alex