List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fundamental KDE Library Problem..
From:       Matthew Tedder <matthew () tedder ! com>
Date:       2002-07-03 18:45:00

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 08:31 am, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 July 2002 14:28, Nick Betcher wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 July 2002 10:41 pm, dep wrote:
> > > begin  Neil Stevens's  quote:

> > > this is the prevailing view among kde developers?
> >
> > YES! WE DON'T GET PAID TO DO WHAT YOU SAY! Get it through your thick
> > skull. That goes for any open source project.

> And I don't get paid for listening to you crying.
>
> Sorry, but you will stay in a not very prominent corner of my mail folders
> for a while now...   Making jokes is one thing, shouting another one!

Hey look... I started this thread--and I'm really sorry.  I really didn't
mean to "criticize" in any negative sense..  I only wanted to raise some
awareness of a problem....in hopes that you all might put some thought
towards it in the future.  I think everyone here cares whether or not KDE
users are happy with KDE--except maybe not the ones who demand things.

I don't mean to demand anything.  I only tried to raise awareness of a
problem the effects users and newbies learning KDE programming.  It doesn't
mean anyone's doing a bad job, only that there are areas that could use more
attention to help make KDE better not only technically, but in terms of
encouraging others to publish books, learn, and write third-party software
for KDE.  All of this means that the work done here is even more meaningful.

As per coding even if there were no users at all--it's a noble thing to say
and likely true for some.  But even for them, I find it hard to believe they
don't want people using and loving KDE everywhere.  What can make a
programmer feel more accomplished than that?  Those are the kind of kudos
that make me feel good.

It's all about envisioning a dream and seeing that dream come into
reality--not just the technical functionality of it, but the people
componants too.

Matthew

--
Anything that can be logically explained, can be programmed.