List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: UI Question: How to set a permanent keyboard focus to a widget
From:       Martijn Klingens <martijn () martijn ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2002-07-02 13:54:00

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> I'm trying to set in a formular a permanent keyboard focus. But I'm not able
> to do it.
> I'd try to subclass the QLineEdit but nothing helps.
>
> Does anyone has a solution ?

Set the focus policy of all other widgets to NoFocus, or give them a
ProxyWidget to handle the focus request.

Alternatively, use eventfilters to trap the keyboard events from other
widgets and redirect those that you want to read to your line edit.

without more info on what you really want it will be hard to explain in
more detail.

Martijn