List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CVS question
From:       Rene Gass <kde-devel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-06-30 8:54:26

Hi!

I have got the sources of KDE as tarballs, unzipped into a directory tree
named kde-src . As I ran into a missing .h file while compiling, I wanted to
update via CVS. But I failed to activate my installed sources as current CVS
tree. My .cvsrc has the following settings:

cvs -z4 -q
diff -u3 -p
update -PAd
checkout -P

I tried to cvs up kdelibs, but it complained of never having checked out
anything before. cvs co kdelibs of course moans on all the files already
being present and moves them out of the way.

I have checked out everything this morning, so the problem is solved for me
this time, but I think this topic is not well covered it the documentation.

What is the right way to first get sources as .tgz.bz2 via FTP and then going
on with updating via CVS?

Regards,

Rene Gass