List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Newbie developer question
From:       Bob Moore <zerk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-28 15:00:16

I've been developing for quite some time, and would
like to get involved in KDE development.  I've done
some poking around on this mailing list, and the
kdevelop website, and have a general understanding of
how to get started if I develop in C++.

What I would *really* like to do, however, is program
in a language I already know.  I tried to do a little
bit of C++ development in the past, but the language
never really made sense to me.  I've done a decent
amount of C coding, as well as PHP, Perl, and some
Java, and those languages seem much more intuitive to
me than does C++.  Unfortuantely, all KDE/Qt tutorials
I see are based on C++.

Are there any good references for developing KDE/Qt
apps in other languages, or should I just give up and
deal with learning C++?