List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Opening an URL in konqueror from a plugin
From:       Björn Sahlström <bjorn.sahlstrom () mail ! bip ! net>
Date:       2002-06-10 9:27:21

Hi
I have a plugin that plug into konqueror( iconview and listview). From the
plugin I want to open an URL I started to call like this:

static_cast<KParts::ReadOnlyPart*>(parent())->openURL( site.url() );

And it worked quite well, the problem was that the location bar wasn't
updated.

Then I looked through the konqueror sources and found that I could do like
this:

emit extension->openURLRequest( site.connection().url(), args );

Which works just fine, the problem is that then my plugin has to be aware of
libkonq and consequently kdebase has to be installed. ( my plugin works in
both my app and konqy) and I think it should be able to compile without
kdebase.

My plugin also has a DCOP interface so I can use it to call konqueror, which
also works fine.

Is there a better, preferable way to open an URL, have I missed something ?

--
Mvh
Björn Sahlström