List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: java problems
From:       Till Krech <till () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-06-02 17:27:14

On Sunday 02 June 2002 16:23, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Till Krech wrote:
> > On Saturday 01 June 2002 16:32, Till Krech wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > fixed. Please update.
> > The applet class loader now adds  both archives to it's URL searchpath.
> > greetings, till
>
> Yes it loads the appelt now.
> Did you try the demo user? (click WEITER below the red box)
> IBM JDK 1.3.1 does not work - complains a lot
Don't have IBM JDK 1.3.1 here, just IBM JDK 1.3.0 without JSSE
I suspect, the IBM jvm also has problems with the non existing archive which
it tries to load.
> (java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file ....)
What I 'like' with java is, that you always get messages like exception xyz
occured but never know with which file :-(
> Sun JDK 1.4 hangs indefinitely after loading some 90-95%.
Yes, tried it with JDK 1.4. Now this seems to become difficult :-(

> If I try my account I get this
> Warning: Class iaik.security.dsa.DSA not found!
> (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/security/dsa/RawDSA)
> Warning: Class iaik.security.dsa.DSAKeyPairGenerator not found!
> (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/java/security/interfaces/DSAParams)
The message is misleading. The class mentioned as being not found is not the
class in question but the class in brackets. It is not issued by the java
applet server but by the applet itself. I traced the loading of classes by
the classloder by issuing some debug messages and got this:
KJAS: CL-1(https://www.netbanking.at/netbanking/): loadClass, class name =
iaik.security.dsa.DSA
KJAS: CL-1(https://www.netbanking.at/netbanking/):  returns class
iaik.security.dsa.DSA

so, the class Class iaik.security.dsa.DSA is found. Which is correct, because
it is present in the zip-file.

later on, the classloader tries to load the class iaik.security.dsa.RawDSA:
KJAS: CL-1(https://www.netbanking.at/netbanking/): loadClass, class name =
iaik.security.dsa.RawDSA
Warning: Class iaik.security.dsa.DSA not found!
(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/security/dsa/RawDSA)

and this is also correct, because the class is not in the zip file.
So, maybe, it can be found somewhere in the document base ?
https://www.netbanking.at/netbanking/iaik/security/dsa/RawDSA.class
No! Error 404.

But perhaps the applet can run without the two classes not being found. The
message is a warning, an Exception which has been caught by the applet.
Indeed, something happens. A new frame loads, apparently without an applet
but stays blank. I was surprised, that once, after some minutes, the blank
page changed to something like a sparkasse home page. So may be, there is an
additional problem on the server ?

When I load the page with netscape, I get this:

<java console output>
Netscape Communications Corporation -- Java 1.1.5
Type '?' for options.
LoginApplet, Version 0.4
LoginApplet, Version 0.4
LoginApplet, Version 0.4
# Verifier error iaik/security/dsa/DSA.engineVerify([B)Z: Cannot find class
iaik/security/dsa/RawDSA
Warning: Class iaik.security.dsa.DSA not found! (java.lang.VerifyError:
iaik/security/dsa/DSA)
# Verifier error
iaik/security/dsa/DSAKeyPairGenerator.initialize(Liaik/java/security/spec/AlgorithmParameterSpec;Liaik/java/security/SecureRandom;)V: \
 Cannot find class iaik/java/security/InvalidAlgorithmParameterException
Warning: Class iaik.security.dsa.DSAKeyPairGenerator not found!
(java.lang.VerifyError: iaik/security/dsa/DSAKeyPairGenerator)
LoginApplet, Version 0.4
LoginApplet, Version 0.4
LoginApplet, Version 0.4
</java console output>

You see, netscape doesn't find these classes either.
Though, the behaviour of netscape is different. It just reloads the page with
the login applet instead of the blank page.

I fear that there is nothing obvious, I can do now to make this work. It is
also rather difficult to debug because the html pages which seem to be
generated on the server are very long one-liners. All this looks to me a bit
like a rather weird security model. Security through obscurity ?

> and the message "connection to host broken"
Didn't get this one.
> Hope that helps
Could you perhaps try to get it working, e.g. with windows netscape, collect
as much information as possible from java console etc ? Perhaps, we will get
a hint.

greetings, till

--
SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) 2.4.18-64GB-SMP