List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpart layout manager
From:       Shaun Jackman <sjackman () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2002-06-01 2:02:15

On Fri May 31, 2002 09h46, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 31. May 2002 17:55, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> > > Nope, don't do that ;)
> > > Use "this" here.
> >
> > That's what I did originally, but no widgets were showing up in
> > the app window.
>
> Try calling show() on the widgets that don't show up.
>
> Kevin

I changed it back to "this", and called show() on a bunch of widgets.
Still no luck though. Nothing shows up.

If I change the parent of the widgets from "this" to "parent" it
works though! This doesn't seem right to me though. I want this
widget to be a totally self contained entity. It doesn't make sense
that I would have to add widgets to its parent.

Cheers,
Shaun

Editor::Editor( QWidget* parent, const char* name)
                : QWidget( parent, name)
{
        QGridLayout* grid = new QGridLayout( this);
        grid->setColStretch(1, 1);
        grid->setColStretch(2, 1);
        grid->setSpacing(4);
        grid->setMargin(4);

        mFile = new QLabel( "filename", parent);
        grid->addMultiCellWidget(mFile, 0, 0, 0, 3);
        // clip more widgets follow
}