List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] geographical, etc. info about kde developers and more
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 17:04:11

On Friday 31 May 2002 18:38, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > I think coolo should put his two cents here because he has big
> > experiance on that issue.
> >
> yes. i hope for comments from coolo, dfaure, waldo, daniel naber (bugs
> maintainer), the other web maintainers and the other people who are
> generally considered "to play an important role in kde". :)

Well, if this database can be somehow scripted so that creating a CVS account
can still be done by a script (see kde-common/createcvsaccount), and if there's
also a way to have an equivalent of "grep ossi accounts", I have no objections.
I can't really comment on what kind of backend would be best, but it has to
be reliable and scriptable.

The worldwide readonly access to it wouldn't be a big problem if we don't
include complete snail mail addresses or telephone numbers, would it?
kde-common/accounts is already available to everyone.

Anyway, I'd also be happy with just two more columns in the accounts file,
for city and country, to foster such meetings, and that would be quite enough IMHO ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/