List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDock::readDockConfig()
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-30 19:24:45

Hi all
I've got a problem with KDock.
When I store the dock configuration using KDock::wirteDockConfig() all values
are written correctly into the config file. But once I load the values using
KDock::readConfig() the window is places incorrectly. x() and y() report a
position of -4 ; -18 instead of 0 ; 0.
I did some further investigation and the problem is that the positions are
stored correctly using frameGeometry() but then loaded using setGeometry()
which is perfect for non-toplevel widgets but for toplevel widget this
doesn't include frame and titlebar.

If I replace
main->setGeometry(mr);
by
main->move(mr.x(), mr.y());
main->resize(mr.size());
everything works perfectly.

So is this a bug in KDock or did I forget something in my program? I am asking
because Kate uses readDockConfig() as well and there it is working...

CU
Andi