List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdemultimedia configure search ignores --with-extra-... ?
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-05-30 17:26:07

Hi!
  I'm badly surprised that kdemultimedia now doesn't find things it needs,
like Ogg/Vorbis, lame, cdparanoia etc., on my system.
  I looked at configure code and I've found something like this:

if test "x$with_cdparanoia" = "xCHECK" ; then
  with_cdparanoia=NOTFOUND
  search_incs="$kde_includes /usr/include /usr/local/include /usr/include/cdda /usr/local/include/cdda"

  It means that cdparanoia is searched in KDE include directory and the above
hard-coded ones, which is wrong because my one is, together with other things
which are not found, located at /opt/sound/include (and of course /opt/sound/lib).

  It always worked because I'm supplying
--with-extra-includes=/opt/sound/include --with-extra-libs=/opt/sound/lib
to the configure command line parameters.

  I checked the same portion of configure script from 3.0.1 branch, where it
works, and it looks absolutely different and correctly uses my parameters.
  To have various things separated in various directories in /opt is one of
features of my home-brewed Linux installation, which I'm proud of :-), and
I don't want to change this.

  I beg for a quick solution of the problem because I don't know any method how
to tell the configure (other than manually hacking its code) where are theses
things and I think that the parameters I'm using should serve exactly for this
purpose.
                                   With regards, Pavel Troller