List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screen shots
From:       Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen () moulen ! org>
Date:       2002-05-12 20:07:21

On Saturday 11 May 2002 07:22 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Add to that the simple thing - I asked in #kde channel and almost no-one
> > knew how to take a snapshot from kwin, how do you "paste" it or save the
> > snapshot - how do u take only active window snapshot or full screen
> > snapshot (the shortcuts module in kcontrol gives only 1 key selection
> > for taking screenshots)..
>
> Perhaps the feature should be removed from kwin, then.
>
> - --
Absolutely not.  When writing documentation, having a quick way to take a
screen shot and simply paste it into a document is very handy.  I do this all
the time in Windows, being able to do it in Linux would be very nice as well.

And opening yet another application to do this isn't efficient, especially
withall the windows I tend to have open (boy I can't wait for the tabbed
browsing feature).