List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Download manager
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-05-05 20:25:33

On Sunday 05 May 2002 22:17, Pupeno wrote:
> Does Konqueror offer the posibility to use an external download manager
> (like Get Right or Download acelerater).

There were several of these projects back in the KDE1 days, such as KGet and
Caitoo (not sure if those are different, I think Caitoo was the KDE2 version
of KGet?) .. but none of them seems to have survived properly.

Maybe you can find someone who has the same itch as you (not me, my downstream
is big enough not having to "manage" downloads) and this time make something
integrated into Konq (or rather KIO/kio_uiserver) .. anyone interested?

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap@capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much