List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Save session for future logins" is misleading
From:       Eric Christopherson <christopea28 () uww ! edu>
Date:       2002-04-30 21:52:17

On Saturday, April 27, 2002 6:04 am, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Saturday 27 April 2002 08:07, Bernardo Hung wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > As long as the [Session] group is present in ksmserverrc, that session
> > (the last one before saveSession was unchecked) is restored whether
> > saveSession is true or not.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be less confusing to not restore the session whenever
> > saveSession=false? Or break it up into 2 options like "Restore session at
> > next login" and "Save this session"?
>
> I agree, I find this behaviour most annoying, moreover the session being
> restored may be huge making me wait lots of time before I can use the
> desktop (more annoying even on my notebook which is shutdown/booted
> four times a day...). Just an end user opinion :-)
> Best regards
> Andrea Aime

While we're on the subject, I'd LOVE to have a way to just save the session
whenever I feel like it, without logging out. Reason: Sometimes Konqueror is
really fond of crashing when I have 5 web pages up, and it's annoying to try
to remember which five pages those were and bring them up again, if I
remember them. Hmm, come to think of it, I wonder if it'd be possible to
build into Konqueror (as an option of course, probably just for development
use) something where it automagically saves the URLs you're viewing
periodically, just in case something happens to them. But I digress.