List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Save session for future logins" is misleading
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-28 10:30:35

On Saturday 27 Apr 2002 10:20 am, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 02:07:33AM -0400, Bernardo Hung wrote:
> > But there's a potential point for confusion here because unchecking it
> > still causes the session to be restored at next login, just not the
> > current one.
>
> well, that's the idea. you can "freeze" a certain session. it's cool. :)

It would be even cooler if there was something in the save session dialog to
indicate this. How are people supposed to guess, other than by accident? And
how do you go about not restoring a session at all?

> > Wouldn't it be less confusing to not restore the session whenever
> > saveSession=false?
>
> no.

"No" only applies if you already know all about how it works. The way it is is
confusing to the uninitiated. It certainly comes as a surprise to me to learn
that unchecking "save session" results in ANY session being restored next
time. (I normally save my session, so I hadn't discovered this yet.)

--
David Jarvie