List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How do I debug kdelibs?
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-30 11:57:31

Lubos Lunak wrote
>On Monday 29 April 2002 14:32, Dave Corrie wrote:
>> Can I instruct gdb where to look for source code, or is the approach
>> flawed?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>
> I don't know if it's possible to specify the files/libraries, but doing
>'break main', 'run' and then setting the breakpoint works.

And then again, something in the library in question must have been used. That
is, in libkdecore.

What I recommend is: place a breakpoint further in your code or nowhere at
all. When that breakpoint is hit -- or if you Ctrl+C in gdb while the program
is running -- insert the breakpoint you want. And continue execution of the
program by the 'cont' instruction.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com