List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Registry editor
From:       Zack Rusin <zackrat () att ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 4:49:20

On Monday 29 April 2002 23:52, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> On Monday 29 April 2002 10:10 pm, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > OK, the source is in kdenonbete as "kconfedit". Download, compile
> > and
>
> Why not name it just "confedit" rather that adding that "k" to it. or
> maybe konfedit?

Because I hate coming up with app names if they don't seem natural to
me, and someone proposed that name. I might change it in the future. At
this stage the app itself is lot more important to me than the name.

> It'll be cool to have this converted to a part which
> kate/konqueror/others can load when asked to edit a configuration
> file. This way users will not have to remember another application
> name!

Well, it's not intended for normal users because editing rc files by
hand might break applications that use it. I might switch it to KPart
though, just in case our dream of having the ultimate sys admin tool
will ever come true.

Zack

--
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong.