List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some comments about bug #20519 and wishes
From:       Tarmo_Järvalt <tarmo.jarvalt () mail ! ee>
Date:       2002-04-13 8:27:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hamish Rodda" <meddie@yoyo.its.monash.edu.au>
Newsgroups: kde.kde-devel
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 1:50 AM

> I have a patch for this sitting on my harddrive, it was waiting for HEAD
> to open again for features. The problems are that there are two ways of
> doing this (as you have said, or the way Windows does it, press k-k-k-k
> to get to the fourth entry starting with k) and some people won't want
> auto-execute (when there is only one item starting with the first
> letter) turned on. The only thing I need to know is should this be
> configurable? John Firebaugh says no, I think it should, and everyone
> else has been silent...

In Win2k I have appz subdir (only one beginning with letter A)in Start menu
containing Access, Excel etc., so if I press WinKey (aka Meta) A A, then
Access would be launched, WinKey A E - Excel launced, if it would act the
same in KDE I would be extremely happy about it. So if only item in menu
with this letter IMHO it should launch/open submenu, if it's unacceptable to
some then make it configurable.

And after this goes into CVS getting bugs #21768 and #29105 fixed would make
using Kicker near perfect, well at least for me it would ;)

The way Mozilla is going to implement this going thru the selections isn't
all that important when above described method is available. It should
obviously done in the future so there's another thing to rub under M$-s nose
;)

Thnx for all that's done and for things to come.

--
Tarmo Järvalt