List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror speed question/proposal
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-04-11 13:58:26

On Thursday 11 April 2002 09:47, Mechant, R. \(Reinout\) wrote:
> first of all, I'm really happy with the speed of kde3!
> But ... (luckily there are still buts because otherwise development would
> stop!)

:) I think there are many professionals who will answer your question soon.
You may also want to refer to the application execution speed thread (some
folks gave me great pointers there).

I don't want to complain too much about KDE speed because great advancements
have been made, but I still get bummed when I see Windows 98 on my P2-366mhz
laptop opening up Internet Explorer twice as fast as KDE opens Konqueror on
my P4-1.8ghz workstation :(

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.