List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Application execution speed notes.
From:       Reinout.Mechant () VDE ! Akzonobel ! com
Date:       2002-04-11 13:05:07

better than objprelink?

Reno

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolf Magnus [mailto:ramagnus@kde.org]
Sent: woensdag 10 april 2002 23:59
To: kde-devel@kde.org
Cc: recipient.list.not.shown

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 17:52, Sean Pecor wrote:

> I'm attempting to establish what sort of performance improvements a user
> can achieve with KDE by compiling KDE and its dependencies w/
optimizations
> etc. Right now the biggest perceived performance problem is the startup
> delay which is pretty substantial for some applications. I want to avoid
> temporary hacks like objprelink.

If you have glibc 2.2.5/binutils 2.12, you can try linking with -z combreloc

(do a google search on it) and use real prelinking. This should reduce
linking time noticable.

<<

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and confidential
and are solely for the use of the addressee. It may contain material which
is legally privileged.
If you are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering to the
addressee, be advised that you have received this E-mail in error and that
any use, printing, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited.
Failure to abide by this warning could give rise to legal action and a claim
for damages.
Any opinions expressed in this E-mail are those of the individual writer and
are not necessarily the Company's, unless specifically stated otherwise.
There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other
commitment through use of this E-mail.
The content of this E-mail and any attachments should be virus tested before
being downloaded onto your computer system.