List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Design flaw in KDE3
From:       Roland Seuhs <roland () hasos ! com>
Date:       2002-04-09 23:59:39

Hi!

I use SuSE7.3 with KDE3 rpms.

I experience the following problem:

When KPager is running, KDE freezes when logging out. The only way to get out
is hitting Ctrl-Alt-Backspace which also messes up all desktop settings on
relogin. I also had similar problems in KDE2, but this is the first
reproducable issue.

Similarily, kicker won't start if for example the ksysguard applet is asking
for user-input.

I think that a faulty app should never-ever, under no circumstances hinder KDE
from shutting down or starting up correctly.

Roland

--
"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate
it."  -- Franklin P. Jones